пятница, 28 ноября 2014 г.

Healthy, sweet and energy snack

This Saturday night I decided to cook some healthy snacks to eat during the tomorrow’s journey. I chose one of the energy snacks, which are energy balls. I tasted them in Bali at Desa Seni resort. I was sitting outside after yoga, enjoying fresh air and sipping ginger tea. One ball supplies you with energy for two hours.

Recipes can differ but all of them include crushed nuts and dried fruits, sometimes honey, dried coconut and cottage cheese. The best thing is that you can cook them in 15 minutes, of course, if you have all the ingredients. For example I always have some almond flour at home.

I put 100 grams of raisins to the blender, then mixed it with the almond flour (about 100 grams) and added 3 teaspoons of honey. Then I rolled it up with my wet palms into bite-size balls and put an almond nut into the center of every ball. Then I rolled them in cacao and sesame and put into the fridge for the whole night.

The next morning we took them with us to our journey to Dalat, Vietnam. Energy balls can be an excellent snack before or after workout. Also you can use them as a healthy replacement for candies or as a dessert.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий