пятница, 28 ноября 2014 г.

How a programmer from Seattle became the manager of a fitness club


27-years-old Tony is a fitness manager in one of the most prestigious clubs of 10-millionth Ho Chi Minh City – California Centuryon. He was born in the same American city as Bill Gates, Bruce Lee, companies Boeing and Amazon. Here in Seattle he grown up, was educated and began his fitness career. He is a kind and sympathetic person and always helps me with professional sports information.
Recently I have interviewed him and found out some details of his professional activities. I also asked him about life principles which directly influence the results of person who is keen on fitness.
- How did you come to sport and fitness?
- I had been studying computer science in one of the colleges in Seattle. I had been sitting in front of the computer round the clock drinking lots of coffee and eating chips and burgers. I was fat. Then I found part-time job as a sales manager in a fitness club. I got carried away by fitness and completed the course of personal trainer. At the same time I worked in the club as assistant of fitness manager. When the previous manager has left, I was offered a promotion. Thus I became Seattle fitness club manager when I was 21.
- Why did you move to Saigon? Many Russians dream of living in Seattle!
- I have a friend from Seattle, he is a trainer and fitness manager and he lives and works in Vietnam for several years. Two years ago he offered me a job in Saigon. I agreed because I want to get life experience in other countries. In the next 20 years I'm not going to return to America. I would like to live in some other countries during that time.
- Who are you now?
- I’m a businessman who helps fitness club clients to enjoy fitness.
- Do you like it?
- Yes, I do. After several years of work as a personal trainer you will know all body types, how to work with them and potential results. Of course it is nice to help specific people. But I already want more global results. Now I'm helping more than 750 clients of our club.
- How much do you work?
- 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.
- Do you agree with the opinion that Americans are workaholics and prefer career to family?
- Yes, and I like it.
- What does happiness mean for you?
- To win and be the first. I had always been on the top - in school, in college, in fitness club.
- What is your life philosophy?
- To enjoy and to progress.
-  What is your fitness philosophy?
- Be handsome and fit. I think that the main goal in fitness for the most clients is beauty, not the health. Exactly the beauty! And I'm glad that I help my clients to be beautiful and sexy.
- What is your nutrition?
- It comes from the following: to see health and to feel healthy is completely different parameters. But everyone can see the beauty. So if you want to be handsome you have to be healthy in the first place. Reduce the amount of carbohydrates.
- What do you think about sport supplements?
- They are very important but they cannot replace the food. Your diet should be balanced.
- What are supplements for? For the health or for the beauty?
- They are for quick result.
- How long are you going to live?
- 75 years.
- Thank you for your time and for the interview!
- You are very welcome! See you in the club!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий